£20 Minimum Deposit Casino UK
There are many free to play casinos out there, but once you have got to grips with how they work, and you've found which games you enjoy, you will want to try out an online casino that uses real money.
All pay to play casinos will have some kind of minimum deposit that you have to meet in order to enjoy their casino games. These minimum deposits usually range from £5 - £30 and are often rounded to fives, such as:
- £20 minimum deposit
- £15 minimum deposit
- £10 minimum deposit
- £5 minimum deposit
A £5 deposit is a low minimum deposit and is typically the lowest you will probably see for an online casino, although it's sometimes possible to deposit £1 in some very low deposit casinos.
£20 is the standard and most common deposit amount you will come across when gaming at online casinos. So, if you are happy with making £20 deposits, you will have plenty of choice when looking for a £20 deposit casino to join. But why is £20 the most standard and why should I choose a £20 minimum deposit casino over a £5 minimum deposit casino?
In this post, we take a look at everything you need to know about minimum deposit casinos, with a focus on £20 minimum deposits. We will also list the best £20 minimum deposit casinos in the UK to help you get started safely, along with sharing casinos with a great welcome bonus, deposit bonus and free spins promotions!
When you're ready to join one, check out our list of £20 minimum deposit casinos on this page and click on the green Claim Now button to get started.
What is a Minimum Deposit for UK Casinos?
A deposit is a monetary transaction where a certain amount of money gets paid into an account, the opposite of a withdrawal, whereby you take money out of an account. In casinos, you will deposit money into the casino so that you can play real money games.
A minimum deposit means that you are limited to how small of an amount you can deposit into your casino account. For example, if an online casino requires you to make a £20 minimum deposit, then that is the lowest amount you can start playing with at the casino. If you typed in an amount under £20, then the casino wouldn't process the transaction.
Deposit Bonus and Deposit Terminology for Casinos in the UK
Casinos will often have a standard minimum deposit for general use of their online casino, you can often play without depositing at all with special deals such as a welcome bonus or free spins. New customers can also get additional funds to play games with thanks to a first deposit bonus. Let's break down exactly what these kind of casino bonuses are and what the terminology means.
- Welcome bonus - A welcome bonus is simply a generic term used when new customers use a casino for the first time. Welcome bonuses are often very attractive and rewarding as the online casinos would like you to try out their casinos. Welcome bonuses often feature free spins as well as having a low deposit for new players so you can try the casino as much as possible without having to spend a lot of money.
- Deposit bonus - Simply put, a deposit bonus is where you get rewarded by just depositing into a casino.
- First deposit bonus - A first-time deposit is when you make a deposit to the casino for the very first time. A casino may offer free spins with no deposit required to let you try out the casino, then have a first-time deposit bonus after you have tried and tested the online casino for free.
- £20 deposit - If you see a number before the word deposit, that is how much you will be paying. Casinos that operate in multiple countries may have the same offer in multiple currencies such as £20 and €20
- Low minimum deposit - This means the casino lets players deposit small amounts of money, for example, £5 or £10. Think of £20 being an average, anything below is a low deposit anything higher is a high deposit.
- Wagering requirements - With free spins, deposit bonus and welcome bonus offers, there will often be wagering requirements. A wagering requirement is a multiplier for how much you have to play through in the casino before you can withdraw any winnings you got from the bonuses.
- Free spins - Free spins are a reward where you can spin the reels for slot machines on an online casino for free, giving you a chance of winning without having to spend a penny!
- Casino bonus - Any kind of bonus or reward for playing at an online casino.
- Deposit match - Often shown in the form of a percentage, the casino will match the amount you deposit depending on the percentage. For example, a 100% deposit match on a £20 deposit will give you an extra £20 to play with - a total of £40. A 200% deposit match on a £20 deposit will grant you a total of £60 to play with.
How Can I Make a Deposit to UK Casinos?
Making a deposit is pretty simple and often only requires you to make a few clicks. If you are joining a casino for the very first time, then you will be required to fill out information such as your name and address, as well as verifying your identity before you can make a deposit.
To make a deposit, head over to an online casino and navigate to the deposit button - you will need to be logged into your account. The deposit button may be obvious on the screen, or you may have to navigate to your account, cashier, or wallet page. Casinos want you to play, so it shouldn't be hard to find the correct page to make a deposit.
When you have clicked to deposit you will then be asked which deposit method you would like to use. Select your preferred deposit method and then type in the amount you wish to deposit. After this, there may be a verification stage depending on the deposit method you selected, once that is done your funds will be credited to your account.
If you want the funds to be available instantly, consider using Visa, Mastercard, or a payment wallet like PayPal or Skrill.
Why Choose a £20 Minimum Deposit Casino?
Casinos that have higher minimum deposit limits often have higher first deposit bonus offers. If the casino offers free spins as part of this, you can receive 100+ bonus spins compared to 20-50 for a low minimum deposit casino.
Usually the higher the deposit, the bigger bonus. Some casinos even offer huge bonuses for £50 and £100+ deposits, but you may not be wanting to spend that much right away.
Gettting a deposit bonus from a £20 deposit offers both good rewards without having to break the bank. £20 also gives you enough funds to play the casino games for some time. Being one of the most common amounts to deposit for new customers, there are plenty of casinos that have great bonus offers on a £20 minimum deposit.
We've included a list of the best £20 minimum deposit casinos on this page to help you find the right one for you. Just click on Claim Now when you're ready to join.
Why Do UK Casinos Have Minimum Deposits?
All these deposit restrictions can be quite annoying, but all casinos need to have them in place. Payment service companies will charge a casino for each transaction made using their service. This is often a percentage of the transaction amount.
Instead of having the player pay for this, the casino covers it but will have a minimum deposit amount so they are not losing money on extremely low deposits, which would cost them more in fees.
Deposit Methods to Casinos in the UK
There are all kinds of ways to deposit into a casino, no matter if it's a low deposit or a £20 deposit. Here are the most common ways to deposit your funds into a casino that offer good security and a quick and smooth deposit process.
- PayPal - One of the most popular ways to deposit your funds into a casino. You probably would have used PayPal before for other services and it's just as good to deposit money into a casino thanks to its strong security measures and great customer service. With PayPal, there aren't usually any restrictions on how much you can deposit, which is great for any kind of minimum deposit casinos.
- Neteller - Another popular payment method favoured by both casinos and players, being extremely secure and extremely fast. With Neteller, you have a lifetime deposit limit until you verify your account. Even with this limit, you will still be able to deposit £20.
- Visa and Mastercard - Just like any other kind of transaction, you will be able to make a deposit using your debit card.
- Skrill - Skrill is similar to PayPal, offering both good security and support. Skrill is used all around the world.
- Bitcoin - This popular cryptocurrency is now accepted by some casinos, although minimum deposit amounts may vary. Bitcoin can be a little complicated for people new to the system, so it's probably best to choose another method if you don't understand it.
- Bank Transfer - You can deposit money directly from your bank account meaning you have the security your bank offers. Bank transfers usually take longer than other deposit methods so there may be a delay before your money gets deposited into your casino account.
- Paysafecard - The paysafecard is a top-up card that doesn't require you to have a bank account or other details such as ID verification. You can simply top up the card in participating shops and then use the card to deposit into an online casino. With the paysafecard, the maximum you can deposit is £40, so keep this in mind when taking advantage of a casino deposit bonus.
- Pay By Mobile - Paying via your phone credit or phone bill is easy and transactions to the casino using this method doesn't appear on your bank statements
What Online Casinos Let You Deposit £20?
There is a huge range of online casinos that have a £20 minimum deposit limit, or offer bonuses that require you to deposit a minimum of £20.
Our experts have searched the internet for the best low deposit casinos that offer a fantastic welcome bonus, many free spins with some of the best casino games in the industry. We'll break them down into more specific sections to suit your needs.
Top Overall £20 Minimum Deposit Casinos in the UK
We've collated a list of the best £20 minimum deposit casinos open for new customers in the UK. Our team has reviewed each one and the list on this page summarises the top features and the free spins, welcome bonus and deposit bonus offers from each one.
When you've found the one that's right for you, click on the green Claim Now button to get started.
New Casinos Offering £20 Deposit Bonuses
New £20 minimum deposit casinos pop up all the time. When we find them, our team of casino experts will check them out to review their games, customer service and all the other factors that can affect your gaming experience. If they're up to scratch, we'll include them on this page so be sure to check back regularly to find the latest £20 minimum deposit casinos.
£20 Minimum Deposit Free Spins
Many deposit bonus offers include a package of free spins. If you enjoy playing slot games, then a casino what gives you plenty of extra spins to use in addition to the amount you deposit, then a £20 minimum deposit casino with a generous free spins offer could be right for you.
Check out our list of £20 minimum deposit casinos to find the one with the best free spins offer and click on the green Claim Now button to get started.
Lower Than £20 Minimum Deposit Casinos in the UK
If you're not looking to spend £20, we have a list of £5 minimum deposit and £10 minimum deposit casinos that you can join instead.
£20 Minimum Deposit Frequently Asked Questions
If I deposit £20 can I withdraw it?
A lot of online casinos have a minimum withdrawal limit as well as a minimum deposit limit. The withdrawal limit may be higher than the deposit limit so you will want to check this before making any kind of deposit to a casino you are unfamiliar with.
Just because you made a minimum deposit of £20, doesn't mean you are restricted to withdrawing £20. You can withdraw a much as you want at most online casinos, provided it's above the minimum withdrawal threshold.
If you take up a casino bonus, such as a first deposit bonus, free spins or a welcome bonus be sure to check out all the terms and conditions, especially the wagering requirements as they may not let you withdraw this money until you have wagered it several times.
This is usually to stop you just withdrawing the bonus funds before you've played with it. To clarify, an online casino won't let you deposit £20 and provide you with an extra £20 for you to withdraw it straight away, it must be used on casino games first.
Can I make a £20 minimum deposit from my mobile device?
If you can access a casino on your smartphone or tablet, whether it is by using an app or using your mobile web browser, then you will be able to make the £20 deposit from your mobile phone.
Some online casinos may offer mobile-specific deals to make you use their app over their website, but the way you deposit or deposit limits don't usually change.
Should I be doing a £20 deposit if I am new to online casinos in the UK?
In the grand scheme of things £20 isn't a lot to spend in an online casino, but it depends on how you like to play casino games and what kind of games you like to play.
If you are a new player and want to spend less, then you may want to look for casinos offering a £5 minimum deposit, or even try a free to play casino that lets you play slots, table and card games with pretend money.
Can I win money with a £20 minimum deposit?
A minimum deposit casino may have low deposit amounts, but that doesn't mean you can't win big with just £20. There are no guarantees, but it is possible to win money from games when you make a £20 deposit.
What is the lowest deposit I can make at a casino online in the UK?
A £5 minimum deposit is usually the lowest a casino will allow. There are some times when you may find casinos that have a very low minimum deposit, allowing you to deposit £1. These are not very common though and you'll find more that have a £5 minimum deposit.
What is the largest bonus I can get at a £20 minimum deposit casino in the UK?
Casino bonuses are constantly changing, so much so that there is never really a limit on how large the bonus can be. To stay on top of the best casino deposit bonuses, keep coming back to this page as we update the list of £20 minimum deposit casino bonuses regularly.
Can I deposit more than £20 to a casino, which has a £20 minimum deposit?
Yes! You will be able to deposit more than the required minimum, you just can't deposit less. If a casino has a £20 minimum deposit, you can't deposit £10 or £5.
The only thing that limits the amount you can deposit to a casino is the payment methods. If you are looking to deposit a high amount into a casino, make sure you check which payment methods have high deposit limits, or no limits, such as PayPal.
Can I play for free at a minimum deposit casino in the UK?
If a casino requires you to make a deposit then that means you cannot play for free. The casino may offer a free-to-play version with play money, but if you are looking to win real money on games, then you will be required to make a deposit.
You can play real money games for free if you get free spins or a welcome bonus, but when you use these up you will have to make a deposit.
How can I tell what the minimum deposit is for casinos online in the UK?
It may not be obvious as to what the minimum deposit by just looking at the casino site's homepage. You will often find the minimum deposit amount on the same page where you can make a deposit to the casino. If it doesn't say at all, simply type in the deposit amount as 1 and an error message should show saying something along the lines of "A minimum deposit of £10 must be made".
You may also be able to find it in the casino's FAQ page, or by contacting their customer support team.
In general, minimum deposit casinos range from £5 minimum - £20 minimum in the UK.
Are £20 minimum deposit casinos safe to use?
Regardless of how much you have to deposit, you will want to make sure any casino you use is safe. To check if a casino is safe to use you will want to make sure it's licensed and regulated. Casinos will often feature these regulation bodies near the footer of the casino website.
For UK casinos you will want to look out for the UK Gambling Commission, which regulates Britsh sites, ensuring they are fair for players and that they abide by the rules.
If you live in the UK, it's always best to play UK casinos, but if you do play casinos managed by companies in other countries, then you want to look out for these regulator names:
- Malta Gaming Authority
- Gibraltar Regulatory Authority
The offers we have shared on this page are all from regulated and licensed casinos that are safe to play and fair, so you can be sure that when you join a casino through Handpicked Casinos, you are in safe hands.
Can I make deposits during the night?
Payment services work 24/7, you are not restricted to certain times in the day to make a deposit. If you are wanting to use a £20 deposit casino at 3:00 am, then you are able to do so.
The only thing that isn't always 24/7 is casino support systems. For things like live chats and email support, these may be restricted to business hours. If there is a problem when you make a deposit to a casino, you may not be able to get support right when you need it, which is why it's always important to play at casinos that are regulated, safe and secure.
What games can I play with a £20 deposit?
With £20 you will be able to have a play at all kinds of games at the casino, such as slots, table and card games. Be sure to check minimum bet amounts on table games as some require a minimum bet such as betting on red or black in roulette. It's worth noting that some games also have a maximum bet limit.
Do casinos have withdrawal limits?
Yes, many casinos have a withdrawal limit, which is usually quite high for example a casino could limit you to a £5,000 maximum withdrawal for each withdrawal transaction. It's rare to see a casino that has anything less than a £1000 withdrawal limit.
To check the withdrawal limit, check the payments or account page at your casino, or simply drop them an email.
Do I get my casino deposit back?
The term deposit in the casino world simply means to add money into your account to play with. If you would like your money back, you will have to check to see if you are over the minimum withdrawal amount, or refer to the terms and conditions of the specific offer that you claimed.
If you manage to accidentally deposit the wrong amount, for example, £500 instead of £50, then you will have to reach out directly to the casino's support team to resolves the issue. They will more than likely refund you the money as long as you keep the £50 in your account which you intended to play with originally.